MISSION AND VISION
HIMD envisages a Healthy society Physically, Psychologically, Spiritually, Mentally and Socio-economically.
- To promote health to marginalized groups whose socio-economic situation has been made vulnerable due to various factors.
- To undertake participatory needs assessment to identify gaps and set up appropriate
- To work towards programs which facilitate individuals in the war against Ignorance, Diseases, Poverty, HIV and AIDS and Environmental Degradation and thereby contribute towards the country’s Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)/Now Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).2
- To render professional advice/give counseling to Community Organizations, Groups CBOs & NGOs both local and international.
- To carry out counseling and support activities to individuals in distress, people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA) and the most marginalized groups by way of soft/ short term loans aiming at facilitating establishment of Savings and Credit Schemes.
- To sensitize and create awareness of target communities on the negative impact gender imbalance, HIV and AIDS and environmental degradation have on efforts to combat poverty with a view to getting individuals and communities to respond to these national problems by working out interventions appropriate to their own particular situations and circumstances.
- Strategies to meet identified needs in the areas of education, community health, counseling, legal aid and socio-economic empowerment.
- CORE VALUES
- Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Equity and Equality
- Accountability and Transparency